Information from the Somerset SEND services.
Parents – we are listening to you!
We are delivering a series of road-shows in Somerset for parent-carers of children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
We want to meet you and are keen to hear your views and ideas at one of our road-shows.
· ask questions about how SEND works in Somerset
· learn how to get your point of view across successfully (training by Independent supporter Ben Mitchell)
· vote on improvements to school buildings for SEND.
· meet council officers and local volunteers involved in SEND.
· find out about Core Standards and Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) and tell us what you and other parents need to know about these new developments
· tell us what you think of the Local Offer website and try it out with friendly advisors
· meet other parents and representatives from the Somerset parent-carer forum
· find out about opportunities for young people as they move into adulthood
Roadshows will be held in:
|Bridgwater||11am-1pm||13 June 2017|
|Taunton||5 – 7pm||13 June 2017|
|Frome||11am-1pm||22 June 2017|
|Street||5 – 7pm||22 June 2017|
|Yeovil||11am-1pm||27 June 2017|
|Minehead||11am-1pm||29 June 2017|
There’s no charge to attend but we would like to know how many people are coming. Children welcome but please let us know when you book.
Click HERE to book a place: