** Price increase on V-neck sweatshirts, Knotting tie's, P.E Hoodie & gum shields **
Oakfield Academy insists on a school uniform to generate a sense of belonging and purpose. In wearing it our pupils show an acceptance of the need to maintain an order and conformity, to attain high standards whenever and wherever the uniform is worn. Any pupils not arriving at Oakfield in the correct uniform will be given an appropriate alternative to wear. Pupils without the correct equipment will disrupt their own learning and the learning of others. Sanctions will be imposed on those who repeatedly arrive at lessons without the necessary equipment. All items should be clearly marked with the owner’s name. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or breakage so please avoid bringing expensive or precious items to Oakfield. Uniform can be purchased during normal school hours, with the exception of New Parents evening or Transfer day. Please click here to download our Uniform Order Form with prices
- Burgundy sweatshirt: with a V neck and Oakfield logo.
- Burgundy and grey striped school tie.
- Plain black tailored school skirt: skirts are to be at a minimum knee length (no stretchy or tube styles).
- White school shirt/blouse, button to neck with the top button fastened, ties worn to cover all buttons, either short or long sleeves (not ¾ length), button-free collar, one pocket maximum. Shirts or blouses must be tucked in and vests or t-shirts, worn under the shirt or blouse for warmth, must be plain white.
- Plain black, tailored, full length school trousers (no flares, drainpipes, jeans or other fashion styles).
- Plain black tailored shorts for boys and girls, knee length (not pedal pushers).
- Footwear: plain black shoes (flat, not platform, wedged heeled or built up in any way) OR plain black trainers (STRICTLY no flashes/ logos or white soles.) Black boots are acceptable if worn under trousers but are not acceptable with skirts or shorts.
- Plain socks: plain black or white socks.
- Tights: black opaque tights
- Coat: Plain weather proof coat - denim is not acceptable. No body warmers.
- Oakfield scarf - burgundy fleece scarf.
Jewellery – pupils may wear a watch; they may also wear a single gold or silver small, plain stud/sleeper in one or both ears, other body piercings are not acceptable. No make-up or nail varnish. Hair accessories: in burgundy, grey, white or black only, no braids, no flowers. Haircuts: colourings and styles should not be extreme. Shaved hair patterns are not acceptable. The final decision, as to whether a hairstyle is extreme or not will be made by the headteacher. When appropriate, long hair should be tied back to conform to the HEALTH AND SAFETY requirements of practical lessons. Belts: plain, black and threaded through trouser or skirt belt-loops.
- Unisex red and black polo.
- Unisex red hooded top with Oakfield logo and embroidered initials.
- Black football shorts or skorts, socks/ trainers & football boots not canvas daps/ plimsolls.
- Gum shields and shin pads.
- Plain dark black or navy coloured tracksuit bottoms (optional)
- Lightweight waterproof jacket (optional)
- Fingerless gloves (optional)
Please note: Long hair must be tied back for all PE activities!
All staff will assist in the implementation of this policy. While we make every effort to accommodate religious clothing, the needs of safety, security and effective learning take precedence.
- The School bag should be large enough to accommodate an A4 folder – no handbags or fashion bags.
- Pencil case containing pen, pencils, ruler, eraser, coloured pencils, sharpener.
- Mathematics – calculator, geometry set.
- Books – journal, reading book, reading record (KS2)
- Design Technology – Folder or equipment as necessary to lessons (including cookery ingredients).
- Art – pencil, minimum of 6 colouring pencils, glue stick.
- PE – as stated and relevant to the unit of work specified (PE Department will inform pupils).
Pupils without the correct equipment will disrupt their own and the learning of others. Sanctions will be imposed on those who repeatedly arrive at lessons without the necessary equipment. All items should be clearly marked with the owner’s name. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or breakage so please avoid bringing expensive or precious items to Oakfield.